Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Reasons

I blog. Obviously sporadicly, but I blog.

I blog because I used to be able to write. I could write words to woo the heart and persuade the mind. I could write words to stir the soul and honor the spirit. Then I went to law school, an institution that cherishes the structured and simple writing. And I forgot that words can be both intelligent and beautiful. Words have depth and power. I miss such words. I miss the ability to express. So I blog as the first step towards creativity and the return of writing.

I blog because I have opinions to be heard. I have thoughts that deserve to be considered. I watch television. I listen to the radio. I read... everything. I constantly consume information. I don't believe in regurgitation. Information must be taken in, weighed, doubted, compared, and applied appropriately. I blog because my opinions are important and cannot be valued unless expressed.

I blog because the world is a fascinating place, deserving of comment. People are interesting and do interesting things, from friends to the local politician to a movie star. Interesting events happen everyday, from lunch to the weekend party to the Superbowl. Beautiful and amazing places exist all over the world, from your hometown to national monuments to the City of God. I blog because I cannot simply let thse people, moments, and places pass me by without commemorating their impact.

And so I blog.

No comments: